- Translator and subtitler – Domestika (12/2019 – Present)
Subtitling, translation and postediting of audiovisual content related to online courses about design and creativity.
Task management as part of a team within a dynamic environment.
Use of EZ Titles, Aegisub, Trados and other tools, such as Monday and Slack.
- Freelance translator (EN, FR, PT > ES, GL) (09/2016 – Currently)
Translation in different fields, including technical, legal and medical (working with Trados Studio 2017).
Specialization in the creation and translation of subtitles (working with EZ Titles and Aegisub).
Apart from my regular collaboration with Globalingua, I also work on a regular basis with other companies and translation agencies such as Absolute Translations (where I also worked as Project Manager), Multisignes (where I also worked as live subtitler for TVE), Amazon, CorporateTrans, Tabakalera, Pequerrecho…
- Translator and subtitler – Multisignes (08/2015 – 08/2016)
Audiovisual production and accessibility company
Creation of live subtitles for Spanish public television by respeaking. Translation and creation of subtitles for diverse audiovisual contents (short and full-length films, documentaries, lectures…). Use of Dragon Naturally Speaking, FAB, EZ Titles and FingerText.
- Project Manager – Absolute Translations (London) (10/2013 – 08/2015)
Translation company, operating in London since 2001
Management and planning of translation projects in diverse areas.. Settlement of requirements with clients, providing quality and cost-effectiveness. Monitoring prices of invoices and purchase orders. Constant use of Microsoft Office Suite, SDL Trados, Sage 50 Accounts and an in-house bespoke software.
- Translator (EN > ES) – FRED Film Radio (02/2015 – 05/2015)
Multi-channel online radio station targeted to professionals and cinema lovers
Translation of documents for the FRED at School project, selected by the European Commission for Creative Europe 2014. The project aims to promote film literacy and increase awareness about European films among students of different European countries using radio as support and as innovative tool.
- Subtitler and translator (EN > ES, GL) – Pequerrecho Subtitulación (09/2012 – 2014)
Innovative subtitling agency mainly specialized in films and accessibility
Time-cueing and translation of subtitles using Aegisub. Focus on classic films for their broadcast on Galician public television.
- Web editor and translator – LifeInsideUK (06/2012 – 09/2012)
Recruitment company working as a link between Spain and United Kingdom markets
Translation, creation and adaptation of contents in English for the company’s webpage and social media sites. Translation of different kinds of documents required by the company and its clients.
- Project Manager and translator – Ponte… nas Ondas (03/2013 – 05/2013)
Pedagogical and cultural Galician association established in 1995
University project. Reverse translation (GL>EN) alongside a colleague of a 30,000-word book commemorating 15 years since the creation of this association.
- MA Audiovisual Translation
University of Roehampton (2014- 2015)
- BA Translation and Interpreting
Universidade de Vigo (2009 – 2013)
University of Liverpool (2010 – 2011)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- CAT and Localization tools: Trados, Wordfast, OmegaT, CatsCradle, Virtaal, Lokalize
- Design tools: Photoshop, Gimp
- Subtitling tools: WinCaps, Swift, FAB, EZ Titles, Aegisub, Subtitle Workshop
COURSES AND LECTURES
- 7.5 IELTS Overall Band Score in English – British Council
- B2 Level Accreditation (CEFR) in Portuguese – Instituto Camões
- English Immersion Course. Advanced level (CEFR) – Universidad Internacional Menéndez Pelayo
- 1st Workshop of the Official Multimedia Translation MA – Universidade de Vigo
- Free Software Localization Workshop – Consorcio CIXUG, Asociación Cultural Proxecto Trasno
- 1st Translation- Interpreting & Employment Forum – Universidade de Vigo